update README for new dbs
This patch is meant to update the README to reflect the
usage of the dbs stuff.
diff -uNr debian.old/README debian/README
--- debian.old/README 2003-07-28 00:01:11.000000000 -0500
+++ debian/README 2003-07-28 03:46:54.000000000 -0500
@@ -18,21 +18,10 @@
*** "all", and you may need to add your architecture explicitly.
- A chunk of makefile implementing Doogie's Build System (this is a pretty
- old, prototypical version, but it works well enough for me). You
- shouldn't need to use this makefile directly; you can call the rules you
- need from debian/rules. The purpose of Doogie's Build System is to avoid
- a difficult-to-manage Debian .diff.gz file by keeping our patches to the
- upstream sources separate and applying them at package build time. Here
- are a couple of targets that I have found useful:
- debian/rules source.unpack Simply unpacks the source
- archive(s); does not apply any
- Debian patches.
- debian/rules source.make Unpacks the source archive(s) and
- applies Debian patches.
- debian/rules checksource Unpacks the source archive(s),
- applies Debian patches, and ensures
- that the patches applied cleanly.
+ debian/rules setup Completely unpacks and patches
+ the source. This will also
+ warn about patches that don't
+ cleanly apply.
Directory containing the internals of Doogie's Build System. If any
Treasurer, GOLUM, Inc.