Re: autologin with xdm?

On Sat, Jul 26, 2003 at 04:08:53AM +0800, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> How can I autologin after boot with xdm?
> I'm tired of typing name and password each day at power up.
> The maintainer suggested I try another display manager, but all I use
> is icewm and don't need or understand the glitz.

As per the bug you filed, xdm does not support it. Auto-login is "glitz", and
there is no need for it in such a bare-bones display manager. Install kdm if you
want auto-login; gdm may do it, too.

--
Daniel Stone                                              <daniel@fooishbar.org>
http://www.kde.org - http://www.debian.org - http://www.xwin.org