why xfree86 report "FreeType: couldn't open face"

Dear debian-x listers,

I want to know why in my "/var/log/XFree86.0.log" there are a few lines saying
"FreeType: couldn't open face
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/bw=0.5:bsmi00lp.ttf: 1".

bsmi00lp.ttf is a truetype font file in the package ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp and
the font configuration is managed by x-ttcidfont-conf.

I'm sure the font file bsmi00lp.ttf exists in
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/arphic/ directory and
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType/bsmi00lp.ttf correctly links
to that file.

Only the openoffice.org is fussy about the problem. It means that I cannot run
openoffice.org if I want to have chinput for inputting Chinese, for it seems
to be chinput requires me to have bsmi00lp installed, and vice versa.

Thanks!
shouxun