Re: mouse cursor offset error on unstable

On Wed, Jul 02, 2003 at 05:16:40PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-07-02 at 09:33, Eric Smith wrote:
> >
> > I am not sure what event casuses this but very frequently
> > after running X for some time, my mouse cursor becomes
> > offset.  It points about 1cm to the right of where it actually is.
> >
> > Any idea how to fix this?
>
> Option "SWCursor"
>
> should work around it.

    I'm guessing it's a Trident chipset.  Are there any Trident chips
out that *aren't* buggy this way?  Would it be reasonable to just
automatically disable hardware cursor support for Trident chips unless
it was specifically enabled?  People keep getting bit by this.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.