Re: Umlauts not working after having tried the IPv6 X11 test release

Hi Alexander,

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Alexander Koch wrote:

> Hello,
>
> as many ppl are probably aware of, the X11 IPv6 test release
> from Fabio broke Umlauts and keyboards badly.

Not only from me unfortunatly. Everyone using Daniel Stone or my IPv6
package might have experienced the same problem ( since they were built
from the same source )

Please notice that the issue is not IPv6 or gtk-gnome related but X only
therefor please follow up on debian-x.

> Now I thought I had gone back to X from testing/unstable and have also
> deinstalled xlibs-data and xlibs and re- installed the normal one. While
> doing that it was overwriting some files and I seem to remember that
> when I first tested the IPv6 X11 packages it asked for a lot of file
> changes.
[SNIP]

You might try to purge totally all the x4.3 pkgs and reinstall 4.2.1-8
from main.

Fabio

PS Daniel FYI we are talking about the "old" ds4v2 release.

--
Our mission: make IPv6 the default IP protocol
"We are on a mission from God" - Elwood Blues

http://www.itojun.org/paper/itojun-nanog-200210-ipv6isp/mgp00004.html