Re: RFC: define FontLibSharedFreeType=NO

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:24:25PM +0900, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:

>  I've just added a memo under people/ishikawa/ about FreeType backend
> build problem when defined FontLibSharedFreeType=YES.
>
>  I want to merge this change into branches/4.3.0/sid/debian/rules.
>
>  Any comments?

It's fine, but please commit another change that places a comment line
right above SERVERDEBUG_IMAKE_DEFINES describing why it's there and when
it's safe to remove that definition.

Alternatively, commit a placeholder comment like this:

# XXX: BR needs to write explanation of why we're setting
# FontLibSharedFreeType in anal-rententive English

I got a report in private mail (grrr) from a person who ran into the
very problem you describe, so I appreciate you tracking this down and
fixing it.  Your analysis looks reasonable and I agree with your
solution.

Thank you!

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     No math genius, eh?  Then perhaps
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you could explain to me where you