Re: 4.2.1-6 fatal xtt symbol errors

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 09:40:02PM -0700, Mark Hedges wrote:
> If this is an off-charter message then why
> does the X log say to report problems to the list?

Because that was another bug fixed in 4.2.1-7; the "BuilderEMailAddr"
variable wasn't getting set correctly.

> If you don't want people to report problems to the
> list then change it so the log doesn't instruct
> them to, but don't chastise people for following
> your own instructions.

My boilerplate message does not presume ill-will on the part of the bug
submitter, so a presumption of ill-will in its content on your part
would appear to be unwarranted.

More simply, don't ascribe to malice that which can be adequately
explained by stupidity.  (Most bugs in code are stupid ones, as my
screwup of BuilderEMailAddr was.)

Again, I encourage you to upgrade to 4.2.1-7.  You'll get a fix for the
problem you reported as well as a better message in the X log.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Damnit, we're all going to die;
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    let's die doing something *useful*!