[xfree86 4.3] penguinppc is dead, long live the XSF

Hi all!
Firstly, a quick observation: the debs seem to be popular. Really popular.
In fact, they're about this popular:
--
Service Temporarily Unavailable

 The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to
 maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Apache/1.3.26 Server at penguinppc.org Port 80
--

The penguinppc.org link was saturated this morning (my time) by a
sustained 6 megabyte/sec traffic load, apparently almost entirely from

If you already have XFree86 4.3.0, please remove my deb/deb-src
lines from your sources.list. If you are installing 4.3.0 for the first
time because you need the drivers/whatever - feel free. If you are
upgrading for the hell of it, *please* consider holding off until an XSF
release. There's a 450k/sec throttle in place right now, so we don't
take the colo's link down again.

Right now, the throttle is playing havoc with anyone trying to use
penguinppc. If you *must*, please move to an alternate mirror[0], but
these mirrors may disappear quicker than penguinppc - I can't guarantee
they'll stick around.

I couldn't go this far, however, without thanking mirror admins past and
present:
* Ethan "sourdough" Benson for penguinppc.org/~daniels, the primary
  mirror, which has shifted an absolutely stupid amount of data.
* Joe "HoserHead" Drew for capricorn.woot.net/~daniels, the original
  mirror site (whose link was saturated early on in the piece).
* Thom May for xf86-debs.mirror.positive-internet.com, which was the
  primary site between woot.net and penguinppc.org.
* Scott "dieman" Dier, for ftp.cs.umn.edu, which has been mirroring for
  quite some time now.
* Dagfinn Ilmari for ftp.skolelinux.no, the current primary European
  mirror.
* Mark Borst for borst.student.utwente.nl, and jumping through the
  requisite hoops to get it online.

Again, please check the XSF at
http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/xsf.html for further updates in
around a week or so - DebianPlanet (www.debianplanet.org) and the lists
will also get an announcement.

Cheers!
:) d

[0]:
US:
deb http://capricorn.woot.net/~daniels/sid/$(ARCH) ./
deb ftp://ftp.cs.umn.edu/pub/debian-misc/daniels/current/sid/$(ARCH) ./

Norway:
deb ftp://ftp.skolelinux.no/debian-unofficial/x4.3/sid/$(ARCH) ./

Netherlands:
deb http://borst.student.utwente.nl/~daniels/sid/$(ARCH) ./

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne