Re: Future direction of Debian XFree86 packaging (was: 4.3.0 progress / desire to help)

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 11:19:32AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> your packages don't include xlibs-pic, which make libxosd-dev and libxosd2
> uninstallable. I am not entirely sure why the libxosd packages depend on
> xlibs-pic and not xlibs, so it could simply be problem during the build
> of it.

All the static libraries in my build of XFree86 are built -fPIC, whereas
they aren't by default in 4.2.1 - hence xlibs-pic. xlibs-pic went away
in 4.3.0; if you want to use libxosd2, I suggest recompiling it against
4.3.0.

Nothing I can do. And no, I'm not going to make an xlibs-pic package,
virtual or otherwise.

--
Daniel Stone 	     <daniel@raging.dropbear.id.au>             <dstone@kde.org>
KDE: Konquering a desktop near you - http://www.kde.org