Re: Radeon 9000

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 09:28:20PM +0200, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Apr 2003 21:30:05 +1000
> Daniel Stone <dstone@kde.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 12:37:37PM +0200, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> > > Is it yet possible with current XFree86 from Sid to use a Radeon
> > > 9000 with 3D support? Do I need kernel modules, 3rd party drivers or
> > > something?
> >
> > 2D will work, but for 3D support, you'll have to wait for
> > 4.3.0-0pre1v1, which Branden and I are currently working on. Watch
> > http://people.debian.org/~branden/xsf/xsf.html for further news.
> Oh, good to hear that!
> And for the meantime, how can I achieve at least 2D? I tried to kick the
> "GLcore" and "glx" module from XF86Config-4, but I still get only an
> '(EE) No devices detected.' error. What may I have missed? Or do I also
> have to grep for the experimental packages even for 2D?

Sorry, I was looking at the Subversion repository: the Radeon 9000
support was included in 4.2.1-6pre7v2, which was never actually
released, so no Debian 4.2.1 version has support for the 9000 series.
You can either try Sven's trick, or upgrade to 4.3 for the time being.

:) d

Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne