Re: amiga framebuffer (aga) and xfree 4.2.1-3: shadowfb trouble

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 02:12:11AM +0400, zmej serow wrote:
> please, help. x wan't start on my amiga a1200/b1240/32mb. it hasn't any
> nifty stuff like mediator pci :-) only default aga chipset, nothing more.

I don't think mediator is supported yet, aga should be, since the kernel has
a framebuffer driver for it.

> xfree 3.3.6 from potato was ok, but i have to use new xlibs. so..
> xfree4 out-of-box yells in log about "symbol shadow-lalala unresolved" when
> it tries to load module fbdev_drv.o. then i've added "load fbdevhw" and
> "load shadowfb" to "module" section of my /etc/x11/xfree86config-4. ok, no
> more yellings about unresolved symbols, it even tries to set up normal
> graphic videomode, but then dumps out with this: "shadow framebuffer not
> supported for afb". ok then, i've turned "ShadowFB" option off. well, it
> doesn't work again - even not changing videomode! here is two my
> xfree86.0.log-s, first according to situation when videomode changes an
> second to last try (shadowfb = false).
>
> what should i do?..

Ask on the right list, debian-68k knows more about this than debian-x I
guess. I haven't been able to get XFree86 4.x working myself on my Amiga,
but I believe it made some progress since I last tried. I heard there are
still problems with the module loader, or maybe just on 060 machines. One
proposed fix was to install the debugging version, which has all the modules
compiled in: xserver-xfree86-dbg
But maybe somebody who actually has X4.x running on m68k can tell you more?

> // please, mail any reply to my address - zmej#mail.novgorod.ru.

Christian
--
http://people.debian.org/~cts/debian-m68k/woody