Re: gnome-randr-applet and Xfree86 4.3.0 ...

On Fre, 2003-04-04 at 11:00, Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 09:02:26AM +0200, Sven Luther scrawled:
> > On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 01:45:55PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > > Well, the maintainer dist-upgrades and gets 4.3.
> >
> > He will get an immediate bug report from the autobuilders :)))
> >
> > I believe that the way to go on this, not only in this case, is to send
> > source only packages to the archive, and have everything autobuilt.
>
> [replying because this isn't about XFree86 anymore, but development
> styles]
>
> This would have the effect of ensuring that uploaded packages are never
> tested. Packages should be built in an sbuild environment with no
> sources other than the official sources, and tested before upload.

What does one thing have to do with the other? Of course uploaders should
test their packages even if only source uploads were allowed, and there's
nothing stopping them from doing so.

Anyway, while I agree with Sven that this might be a good idea, it's OT
here.