Re: xserver-xfree86 4.3.0 breaks sun type5 keymap

Andrew Gorcester <andrewsg@eml.cc> writes:

> That bit about virtual terminals reminds me of a nearly trivial problem
> I have with my x86 install.  For some reason, when I upgraded to 4.3.0
> via Stone's unofficial repository, control-alt-F1 no longer would switch
> to the console from X.  Control-alt-F2 through 6 still works just fine,
> and if I switch to another virtual console first I can switch to the
> first console from there.  It's totally inexplicable.

I'm runnig the -0ds3v1 packages on my i386 laptop too and am not seeing
any problems related to VT switching. I'm quite sure I tried switching
to other VT's than the first one too, but I'll drop by the office later
today and double-check.

> I don't mean to "me too", but since it's on a different architecture I
> thought I'd mention that *something* seems to be up with virtual
> terminal switching in the new packages.

Thanks for the data point anyways. What kernel are you running, btw? I
have 2.4.21-pre4 on the i386, plain 2.4.20 on the sparc.

--
ilmari