Subject: [Fwd: Radeon patches for X4.3]
From: Michel D?nzer <daenzer@debian.org>
To: Daniel Stone <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Date: 04 Apr 2003 02:00:24 +0200

--
Earthling Michel D?nzer   \  Debian (powerpc), XFree86 and DRI developer

Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:25:38 -0500
Subject: Radeon patches for X4.3

Hi [snip],
Attached are the patches I put together for X4.3. To make things easier for
you to look at, I built the patches incrementally as described below:

1. x430_radeon_1_igp.diff
   IGP320/330/340 support, 2D only, no DRI yet, tested by several users
2. x430_radeon_2_rv280.diff
   RV280 (9200/M9+) support, DRI is briefly tested, workable.
3. x430_radeon_3_lcd.diff
   Fix for some M9 laptop panels, tested by several people.
4. x430_radeon_4_ddc_etc.diff
   This is an improved version of monitor detection patch submitted last
Nov. This should solve the mode validation and monitor detection problems on
some OEM cards. Although I don't have any OEM cards to test with, it has
been reported working by some users.
5. x430_radeon_5_multi_card.diff
   Fixed the bug for two or more radeon cards. Tested on a 4-head setup (2
7500 cards) with Xinerama.
6. x430_radeon_6_ppc.diff
   Mainly Michel's PPC stuffs. I don't have a PPC handy to test it. When I
forced BIOS to fail on a x86 PC, the ProbePLL routine always returned FALSE,
the default settings were okay (pll->xclk may be wrong, but not used by
driver). Mutex (mutex@kerneli.org) seems to have some trouble with Michel's
patch for his dual-DVI Radeon 9000Pro mac edition. Maybe Michel can double
check this.
7. x430_radeon_7_doc.diff
   Man page update.
8. x430_radeon_8_dblscan.diff
   Workaround for double scan modes problem at high resolutions
9. x430_radeon_9_rmx_ov.diff
   Overlay scaling problem when RMX is used.

Finally, x430_radeon_all_in_one.diff is the one with everything put
together.
The patches should be able to apply to both original X4.3 or current CVS
head (Mar. 16), and should produce the same result.

Regards,
[snip]

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne