Re: The xbase-fonts issue...

On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 08:47:02AM +1100, Neale Banks wrote:
> The nagging problem (undoubtedly classifiable as PEBKAC) is that people
> will, ad nauseum, try to run an xserver without fonts available - which
> doesn't work and then they come here with a spurious bug report.

Before implementing any of your suggestions I'd like to see if the
approach I'm taking in 4.2.1-7 will mitigate the problem any.

You can use my experimental pre-release packages to preview this change,
just ensure that the server can't find the "fixed" font.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Extra territorium jus dicenti