Bug #151613 / splitting xauth off

[subscribed to list]

Hi,

First off, I don't want to prevoke a flame war. I've read most of the
arguments that I can find, and there's little point in going over old
ground, if possible.

On the bug report, Branden suggested that, were someone else to do it,
he would support the creation of a separate package containing xauth.

I can't see an obvious take up of this suggestion in the archives for
debian-x, so can anyone confirm that no-one has taken up this
opportunity?

If that is the case, I would like to volunteer to create such a package,
partially because the problem is one that affects me, but also because
I feel that a solution to this problem will make debian better for some
users, whilst not adversely affecting others.

Thanks in advance.

--
Miah Gregory