Re: Driver features

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 11:07:07AM +0800, csj wrote:
> Aside from the man and readme pages in the xserver-xfree86
> package, is there any other documentation WRT the features each
> driver supports. I'm looking for a video card that has native
> support for both xvideo and 3D acceleration (i.e. they are
> supported without having to download some 3rd-party drivers, like
> the *binary-only* nvidia drivers).
>
> For example, according to "man sis":
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        sis is an XFree86 driver for SiS video cards. The driver
>        is accelerated, and provides support for 8, 16 and 24
>        colordepths.  XVideo, Render and other extensions are
>        supported as well.
>
> But is this 2D or 3D accleration? Can I play tuxracer and
> chromium smoothly with cards using this driver?

A feature grid for each driver would be nice, but I don't think any such
thing exists in XFree86 documentation.

Fortunately for SiS users, there is this:

http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     You are not angry with people when
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     you laugh at them. Humor teaches