1)HELLO!! ; 2)screens not found????

Hi!

My name is Álvaro and I'm new to the world of Debian
(and also relatively to linux). I've been having some
problems with my nvidia card and I've been trying to
solve them for many weeks alone and asking in
linuxquestions.org and  I got nothing...

maybe any of you know this problem and could help
me...

I'm using a Nvidia Geforce 2 GTS with a LG flatron 774
ft monitor (hsync 30-70, vsync 50-160), and I I'm
using the "nv" drivers with 16 bits of color. But now,
as a my use of linux is mainly graphic, I need 24 and
3d acceleration... that's the reason I need the
"nvidia" drivers... but when I installed them I
downloaded them from the NVIDIA's web page (I didn't
know you had them in the apt-database).
Maybe that is the problem it doesn't work, but now
they are installed!

How can I uninstall them and install debian version?

Anyway... I followed the instructions and it should
work. Maybe with the attached log file you can help
me...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

.alvaro.castro.

Yahoo! Móviles
Personaliza tu móvil con tu logo y melodía favorito
en http://moviles.yahoo.es