Re: How do I disable building parts of the tree?

Branden Robinson said:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2003 at 12:04:09AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
>> Why, yes, in fact Debian's XFree86 packages do this very thing.
>> You can, therefore, look inside the Debian source package to see one
>> way of doing it.
>> debian/rules:
>>      60 SERVERDEBUG_IMAKE_DEFINES:=-DXFree86CustomVersion='\"Debian
>> (static) $(SOURCE_VERSION) $(shell env TZ=UTC date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S)
>> $(BUILDER)\"' -DBuilderEMailAddr='\"$(BUILDER_EMAIL_ADDR)\"'
>> -DBuildServer        sOnly=YES -DDoLoadableServer=NO -DXnestServer=NO
>> -DXVirtualFramebufferServer=NO -DXprtServer=NO $(DEBUGFLAGS)
>> [...]
>>     178         $(MAKE) -C $(SOURCE_TREE)-xserver-xfree86-dbg WORLDOPTS=""
>> IMAKE_DEFINES="$(SERVERDEBUG_IMAKE_DEFINES)" World
>> So, for instance, instead of "make World", you might say:
>> make -DBuildServersOnly=YES -DDoLoadableServer=NO -DXnestServer=NO
>> -DXVirtualFramebufferServer=NO -DXprtServer=NO World
> Hmm, of course, I meant:
> make WORLDOPTS="" IMAKE_DEFINES="-DBuildServersOnly=YES
> -DDoLoadableServer=NO -DXnestServer=NO -DXVirtualFramebufferServer=NO
> -DXprtServer=NO" World

Of course ... :-)

Thank you I'm not used to building X so this is really helpful. However,
I was aiming for a way to ... say, alter a variable in the rules file, or
similar, to build "batches" of DEB's. Batch one could be the regular
xc tree and batch two the -dbg tree. That way people with small (!)
partitions could build X as well. This is of course no problem for you
Linux users with exceptional kernels. ;) But for us Hurd users we still
kick around the ~2 GB limit on ext2fs.

I won't bother you more with this, instead I'll try and setup some rules
of my own and if someone else is interested I can post the results later
to this thread.

Regards
 /Joachim

--
Joachim Nilsson :: <joachim AT vmlinux DOT org>
+46(0)21-123348 :: <http://joachim.vmlinux.org>