xfree86 4.2.1, asus, and flatscreen

So, I have a Hitchi 17 in flatscreen monitor.  And I got a "new"
graphics card.  Its an asus-V5800DDR / 3254 M(TVR) Anyway, I am
running the testing version of xfree86 and is gives me problems.  It
seems to load the video drivers but then say no framebuffer found.
Anyway, I have attached the config and log file.  Also, I am running
kernel 2.4.18.  I also have a matrox G400.  On this one, the driver
module did not load properly.  So I have never got this version of
Xfree to work yet.  Any thoughts?  Do I need to downgrade to the
stable version?  This might be possible, but difficult for other
dependency reasons.

-Lee

PS. An odd side note:  When I run xf86cfg, xwindows starts in real hi
res, but the sync rates are too slow and everything looks kind of
funny.  The monitor gives a handy message incouraging you to raise the
sync rates too.