Re: Problems running XFree86 4.2.1 (unstable) on a Motorola Powerstack

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 11:53:48AM +0100, Magnus Pfeffer wrote:
> On Thursday 06 February 2003 11:29, Magnus Pfeffer wrote:
>
> Hah, it works!
>
> > Using the "fbdev" driver the powerstack no longer crashes hard when
> > starting X. The framebuffer device is queried for its capabilities, and X
> > chooses the highest possible resolution. But with the Ati Mach64 as well as
> > the GLD5446 the outout is garbled, and stopping X leaves the framebuffer
> > console unusable. No problems show up in the log files.
>
> The culprit was the "glx" Module. Without this module "fbdev" works with the
> GLD5446 card :)

Excellent!  I'm glad you got it working.  However, loading the glx
module shouldn't hose things up.  Please file a bug.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    The first thing the communists do
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    when they take over a country is to