geforce2mx420 configuration problem.

I am running debain woody unstable and having a rough time getting my geforce2 mx 420 to work. The generic nv driver works fine, however since I want open gl i tried to compile the nvidia drivers which is where i got problems. I am running kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4-xfs, when I first went to compile the drivers it said that I was compiling with a different gcc version than the kernel was compiled with, so i went ahead and fixed that, i then had to just make a link to my kernel headers and everything compiled fine.

When I go to startx it just throws up. I made all the necessary changes to the XF86config-4 file.
I have my config and log file on my file box here, if anyone would take a look and help me out ide appreciate it.

http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jlanza/XFree86.0.log
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/jlanza/XF86Config-4

thanks a lot
joe