Re: building a kernel-patch for DRM with xfree?

On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 02:15:53AM +0100, Nicolas Boullis scrawled:
> I am not subsrived to debian-x, so please cc: replies to me. (However,
> mutt should be doing the right thing about this.)
>
> I've been trying to use Daniel Stone's pre-4.3 xfree packages (I used to
> say that I worked with him, but I did so little that it is not fair),
> and I had a problem with DRM.
> Recent versions of xfree need some recent versions of the DRM modules,
> that are not in the standard kernel or kernel-sources. (I had this
> problem with the i830 module that was not up-to-date in the 2.4.20
> kernel.)
> So I build a quickly-hacked kernel-patch out of the xfree86 sources, to
> build DRM modules with the kernel, with versions matching those required
> by xfree86.
> Do you think it might be a good idea to make such a patch alongside with
> xfree? If you think this might be a good idea, I'd be happy to help.

I've got xlibmesa4-drm-src working in my local -2 tree, the fact that
the 'xfree86-dri-source' package exists is a total snafu. I flogged the
code for that from Michel (as opposed to Michael) Daenzer's work with
dri-trunk.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne