Re: Problem with setxkb

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 05:06:35PM +0100, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> First thank you for the X -5 packages and the rather smooth  upgrade (modulo me
> forgetting to turn off debconfiguration of XF86Config-4 - BTW: is it hopeful to
> file wishlist bugs for new config options, such as Device options for Roation,
> or would that just be wasting your and my time?).

If the option is not essential to setting up a usable single-head
system, I do not as a matter of policy provide a debconf template for
it.  Otherwise the debconfage for XFree86 would explode with complexity.

> However, I have a minor problem, unsure whether it's a bug:
> Formerly
>         setxkbmap -v -layout de
> would give me dead keys (~ and accents), and
>         setxkbmap -v -layout -variant nodeadkeys
> would turn them off.
>
> This doesn't work anymore and I do get the impression that setxkbmap is not
> doing terribly much at all (setxkbmap -v layout us) doesn't give me a us
> keyboard either.
> That said, XF86Config-4's settings are respected.
>
> Any hints? (I will provide more data as needed, but I'm not sure whether just
> pasting the XFree86.0.log would really help.)

I am not sure what is causing this.  Is anyone else experiencing this
problem?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     I had thought very carefully about
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     comitting hara-kiri over this, but