Re: here is an updated patch 908 for 4.2.99.3

On Fri, Jan 03, 2003 at 04:44:41AM -0500, Branden Robinson scrawled:
> On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 03:34:45AM -0600, Warren Turkal wrote:
> > I didn't see any information about starting work on getting xfree 4.3 packaged
> > on the X Strike Force page. Therefore, I am taking a little initiative and
> > looking at patches in the 4.2 and bringing the >=900 patches up to speed with
> > 4.3. The build system apparently tries to apply patches from the old-patches
> > directory.
>
> Er, no, it doesn't.
>
> > What is the proper way to shuffle patches around in the
> > debian/patches and debian/old-patches directories? I actually just copied the
> > patches dir from the 4.2.1 sources to the old-patches dir of the 4.2.99.3
> > package dir. Of course there are lots of conflicts. Should I dump the
> > conflicting patches that do not deal with debian or what?
>
> As I understand it, Daniel Stone is already working on this.

Right. As soon as I sort out with upstream which version of Freetype is
required, I'll hopefully have fully working packages (they were working
on a month-old snapshot, then I updated). I'll aim to keep CVS updating
on a weekly basis, and also include 4.2.99.4, and 4.3.0. Currently they
work on i386 and powerpc, and I've subverted an hppa machine to test
with as well, so it should work on at least 3 architectures (depending
on time constraints, I might also work on the alpha and sparcs I have
available).

Cheers!
:) d

--