Re: Matrox 450DH + X

Michael Kahle wrote:

> 2.)  In section Module he removed the following:
>         GLCore
>         bitmap
>         ddc
>         int10
>         record
>         speedo
>         vbe
>
>       but left:
>         dbe
>         dri
>         extmode
>         freetype
>         glx
>         type1
>
> I asked why these were removed and the explination was, "What i remove was
> loaded by automatically as needed, i only left what is actually needs to be
> loaded."
>
> Can anyone here elaborate on this?  Or even better point me to a link that
> explaines what these Modules do.

GLCore is a sub-module of glx, putting it in your config just causes it to get
reloaded a second time and waste a few cycles.

bitmap is loaded by default.

ddc is a sub-module of vbe, putting it in your config just causes it to get
reloaded a second time and waste a few cycles.

int10 is needed by vbe and not loaded automatically, put it back in your
config if you use vbe.

Whether you use record, speedo and vbe is a matter of personal preference,
there is no particular reason not to use them.

--
Simon Hepburn.