BUG? upgrade messes with HorizSync????

Hmm... I just upgraded my woody laptop from 4.2.0 to 4.2.1pre1v2 and the
(regenerated?) config differs from the old in a few ways, including this:

 Section "Monitor"
        Identifier      "Generic Monitor"
-       HorizSync       48.3,60,68.7
+       HorizSync       60,75,85
        VertRefresh     60,75,85
        Option          "DPMS"
 EndSection

Seeing that most of my other settings were kept, does this point to a
problem with HorizSync value getting overwritten with the VertRefresh
value?

Is there any other informatiion I should be providing here?

Thanks,
Neale.

PS: I put the "HorizSync 48.3,60,68.7" back and it all appears to work
just fine so far - thanks to all concerned :-)