Re: Silicon Motion HEAD in 4.2.1 src

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:04:05AM +0200, Martijn van de Streek wrote:
> Branden, could you use the HEAD siliconmotion driver in the next
> (pre-)release of X? I've been using the driver since this post, and it
> works great.

If you go to the trouble of producing a patch file for debian/patches
that constitutes a diff between xf-4_2-branch and HEAD, apply that to
the 4.2.1-0pre1v2 source package, build, test successfully, and provide
this mailing list with that patch file, yes.

I am unwilling to blindly pull large chunks of code from HEAD when I
can't validate that it doesn't break things.  Since I have no Silicon
Motion video devices, that is the case here.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |      We either learn from history or,
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      uh, well, something bad will