Re: Can't pbuild X 4.2.1-0pre1v2

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Nicolas Boos wrote:

> Le Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:11:16 +1000 (EST)
> Neale Banks <neale@lowendale.com.au> écrivait :
>
> [...]
>
> > > I'm trying to pbuild X for Woody, but there is an error on the
> > > process :
> >
> > "pbuild"?  Is that a typo or something I don't know about yet?
>
> Sorry. "pbuild" is for "build with pbuilder".

Ah "something I don't know about yet" - I'll go educate myself.

[...]
> > That's "interesting" - I also built this for woody and it appears to
> > have completed successfully (certainly there was no error like this in
> > the output I captured with script).
>
> OK. With pbuilder it's a little different, build is done in a (clean)
> chrooted environment.

Obviously I didn't use pbuilder.  What appears to have worked for me is:

	debian/rules checksource &&\
	debian/rules build &&\
	fakeroot debian/rules binary

(yeah, this is unnecessarily verbose - mostly old habits dying hard).

HTH,
Neale.