Pixmap corruption on 4.2.1-0pre1v1, powerpc r128

I gave 4.2.1 pre1v1 a try on my laptop, yielding the following issues.
It's the first 4.2.x prerelease I've tried, so my apologies in advance
if I'm digging up old documented bugs.  Please Cc me on replies.

Pixmaps rendered by libgtk1.2 are corrupted (screenshot at
http://devin.com/cruft/xf4.2.1-0p1v1_pixmapcorruption.png).  This does
not seem to impact gtk2's images.

Various bits of the gnome2 panel leave visual artifacts (incomplete
redraws at the edges of pixmaps) as things slide around during the usual
login loading.

Under uncertain conditions (it's hard to reproduce), window contents
vanish when opaque-moved (the backing region of the root window comes
along instead); some or all of the window decorations remain visible.
This seems to be associated with switching back to X from a console.

If UseFBDev is unset or false, the xserver crashes with "(EE) R128(0):
Cannot read V_BIOS (5)" and a sigsegv.  4.1 from Sid did this too.

Otherwise, on brief testing, things look okay.

XF86Config-4 at http://devin.com/cruft/XF86Config-4
X log at http://devin.com/cruft/XFree86.0.log

This is an ibook2, ATI Rage-mobility M3, kernel 2.4.20-pre5-ben0.

--
Devin  \ aqua(at)devin.com, 1024D/E9ABFCD2;  http://www.devin.com
Carraway \ IRC: Requiem  GCS/CC/L s-:--- !a !tv C++++$ ULB+++$ O+@ P L+++