Re: XF86config-4 overwritten

Branden Robinson wrote:
On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 08:28:30AM -0500, Bryan W. Headley wrote:

Installation of 4.2.1 overwrites the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file. Wouldn't mind, except it doesn't guess the video sync rates right, and keeps loading xtt and freetype modules at the same time.

Can we stick in the dialog I saw in the 4.1.0 release ("Do you want me to overwrite your config file?"), or figure out why it's not getting triggered?

It's there, it just doesn't nag you every time.

Groovy. It zaps my XF86Config whenever it feels like not nagging me. I feel special, for unknown reasons...

dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86

You don't suppose the same tool that auto-wrong-guesses the configuration is the same one dpkg-reconfigure calls?

--
Bryan W. Headley - bwheadley@earthlink.net