DRI on XFree86 4.x with ATI Rage Mobility

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 with an ATI Rage Mobility M4 AGP video card.

I run a sid installation with X 4.1.0-17 on it.

I just installed the dri.sf.net modules (and also their X server after many
unfortunater try with debian one).

I use a 2.4.18 kernel with agp and r128 support.

agpgart and r128 modules are loaded.

I modified my XF86Config-4 in order to load dri and glx modules.

Once my X has started DRI stays disabled. I have tried a lot of stuff but
nothing seems to enable DRI. I am lost and did not find any help nor on the
web nor on the different mailing lists archives or howto.

It seems XFree86-DRI extensions is not loaded.

Does anybody have any idea on how to do in order to have DRI enabled (so that
I may play tuxracer :-) ?

--
-- Bruno