4.2.0pre1v1 debs, dri support, intel i810

Hello everyone.

We're trying to use your pre1v1 debs here at lindows, and our qa dept
found that the intel i810 card is not accelerated for 3d.

I found in /var/log/XFree86.0.log that the i810 X module wanted
version 1.2.0 of the i810 kernel module, and I found the kernel patch
on xfree86.org for the kernel modules.

Unfortunately, after upgrading the kernel drm modules to 1.2.0, 3d
acceleration still didn't work. Using LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose I found
that the dri module is version 1.1.0. I'm not sure if its version
needs to be the same as the drm module, but if so, there's no obvious
error reported.

I just wanted to ask if there's a reason that the 4.2.0 pre1v1 debs
weren't compiled against the updated 1.2.0 kernel modules? Do you
think it will work without them? Did you try using them and they
didn't work? We're using a 2.4.18 kernel and xlibmesa3 is installed.

Also, is anyone using an intel i810 with dri support successfully? I'm
using a radeon on my laptop, and the dri seems to work fine there. Is
anyone using any cards with dri acceleration with the new 4.2.0 debs?

Any light you could shed on the sitatuion would be great, as I'm
trying to make it work on my end, so maybe I can help you make the
package better.

Also, I tried to get our qa dept to contact debian-x or debian-testing
in order to offer their qa results to you guys, if they're of use, but
I don't think they got around to it. Would you be interested in our qa
results?

thanks for your time

  michael

--