Re: modules "pex5" and "xie" and X4.2

On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:

>    But, according to the log, they don't exist.  It's been suggested that
>    modules "pex5" and "xie" are deprecated (which could explain their not
>    being able to be loaded ;-).
>
> They are no longer supported and no longer built by default.  No major
> application uses these extensions.
>
>    Is this a minor bug?
>
> If you really need them, feel free to compile them from sources.  They
> still build -- but we don't promise they'll remain that way in future
> releases.

I was thinking the other way around - if they're not being built (which I
don't have any problem with, partly through ignorance) then perhaps they
should be commented out of (or even deleted from) the default config?

That'd be one less spurious "error" in the log for us newbies to trouble
people about ;-)

Regards,
Neale.