Re: compose / Multi_key

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 07:10:25PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> With the new debconf questions, I set up the following settings:
>
> $ grep -i xkb /etc/X11/XF86Config-4
>         Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
>         Option          "XkbModel"      "pc104"
>         Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
>         Option          "XkbVariant"    "compose"
>
> It does not seem to work as I want it to: I want a compose key to be
> able to type non-english characters (vowels with ' and ` accents, ^, ",
> etc.) - in older X packages, 104 key US keyboard automatically made the
> irght "windows key" the compose key. How do I get this functionality
> back?

You can read the /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/us file to get a list of available
variants.

In your case, I'd suggest:
         Option          "XkbVariant"    "pc104compose"

However, in my own tests this doesn't appear to be working.  Hrm.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    I've made up my mind.  Don't try to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    confuse me with the facts.