Re: [Xpert]Re: XFree 4.1-6 crashes on Notebook with ati Grafik card

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 06:15:40PM +0000, Dave Swegen wrote:

> > > well, I didn't receive any response from that.
> > > Now I've Isolated the program that causes the Crash:
> > > It's wmcpu :
>
> wmcpu does some sort of nasty stuff and reliably crashes X on all my
> machines. And it is not an ATI driver thing - the tdfx driver had
> problems with it too. Avoid like the plague.

Yup.  I've gotten reports of this from mga and nv driver users as well.

Whoever tracks this one down should get a prize.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       Psychology is really biology.
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Biology is really chemistry.