Re: [FATAL] XFree86 4.2.1-3 deletes all modes and crashes
- To: Jan Hudec <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [FATAL] XFree86 4.2.1-3 deletes all modes and crashes
- From: Michel Dänzer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: 04 Nov 2002 14:26:49 +0100
- Message-id: <1036416411.10220.753.camel@tibook>
- In-reply-to: <20021104125340.GA25383@vagabond>
- References: <20021104082405.GA23531@vagabond> <1036413498.9811.217.camel@tibook> <20021104125340.GA25383@vagabond>
On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 13:53, Jan Hudec wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 01:38:16PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Mon, 2002-11-04 at 09:24, Jan Hudec wrote:
> > >
> > > I just upgraded xserver and tryed to restart, but it crashed on
> > > SEGFAULT. I did not touch the config file (well, then I changed the
> > > refresh-rate limits in monitor section to match values I saw in old
> > > logs - the old X server ignored the config and used I2C somehow...).
> > [...]
> > > (II) Loading sub module "mga_hal"
> > > (II) LoadModule: "mga_hal"
> > > (II) Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_hal_drv.o
> > > (II) Module mga_hal: vendor="The XFree86 Project"
> > > compiled for 4.0.3, module version = 1.0.0
> > > ABI class: XFree86 Video Driver, version 0.3
> > > (II) MGA(0): Matrox HAL module used
> > What if you don't use the Matrox HAL module, or a version for 4.2.0?
> Did you see mga_hal in the config? I did not. Thus I don't know how to
> avoid it...
Move it away? It's not part of a Debian package.
> (It's MGA450 and the mga driver does not support it without
IIRC the 4.2.1 driver does.
> But I'll update it.
> Is there 4.2.0 binary somewhere (that I can install without making too
> much mess)?
Dunno, where you got this one from?
Earthling Michel Dänzer (MrCooper)/ Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc) developer
XFree86 and DRI project member / CS student, Free Software enthusiast