Re: i845 patch for 4.2.1 debs

>> For now, I've only done the most basic testing. RedHat backported the
>> same driver and includes it in limbo, which I believe is rh8, so it
>> must be somewhat stable. As I get more results from our testing dept,
>> I will forward them to you, if you're interested.
>
>Yes, please.  I'll see if I can get this into 4.2.1-4.  Thanks for your
>efforts.

One bug has already come up. It seems that the original 845 2d driver
patch doesn't correctly respect refresh rate settings in the
xf86config file. So, for example, the driver doesn't work at all on an
NEC LCD1530v. There were two later patches to add 3d, which I'm not
going to work on for a few weeks because they're very large and we've
got as deadline coming up soon. But, the second patch contains a fix
for the refresh rate selection.

I might email upstream and ask them if they can show me what part of
the patch fixes that problem, because its a very large patch. (I also
might just wait for 4.3 to be released!)

Thanks again

  michael

--
michael cardenas       | lead software engineer, lindows.com
hyperpoem.net          | GNU/Linux software developer

"Someone asked, 'What is your way?'
 Daojian answered, 'To be free wherever I am.'"
- Zen Mondo