i810 with last 82845 intel card (compaq evo)

Hi list,

I've just subscribe to submit you a problem with the last intel video card 82845 G/GL (video card in motherboard).

With the last woody package, the i810 didn't work at all on this architecture. Vesa driver work but, we cannot restart X if we don't reboot the O.S.

I saw on the xfree mailing archive that only the last version of i810 drv (include in the 4.3 version) work well.

A collegue had just installed the last Red Hat 8, with xfree 4.3, and it work perfectly. May be someone (i heard about Branden :-) can include the last i810 driver in the current package.

I hope this help

Nicolas

At last, i will have to find the 4.3 sources and compile it on my box.