Re: XFree86 -configure failure

On Tue, Oct 08, 2002 at 11:23:08AM +0200, Mikael Andersson wrote:
> I'm not sure if I should report this her, or to the upstream, but in the
> of the output the debian-x maillinglist was mentioned.
>
> I run XFree86 -configure and got this
>
> Fatal server error:
>
> XFree86 has found a valid card configuration.
> Unfortunately the appropriate data has not been added to xf86PciInfo.h.
> Please forward 'scanpci -v' output to XFree86 support team.

You should use "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" to configure the
XFree86 X server on Debian.

The "discover" package can help you determine what X server and driver
is appropriate for your card.

# apt-get install discover discover-data

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Never attribute to malice that
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     which can be adequately explained