Re: (EE) Unable to find a valid framebuffer device

From: Michel Dänzer <daenzer@debian.org>
Subject: Re: (EE) Unable to find a valid framebuffer device
Date: 02 Oct 2002 19:11:15 +0200

> Either run radeonfb in console or don't use Option "UseFBDev".

Thanks for the quick answer.  However, I still have problems
unfortunately...  Namely:

* I tried to use the module radeonfb.  When then I start the graphics,
  there are no complains but the screen is unreadable (vertical lines
  appear as diagonal stripes; it looks like the "synchronization"
  problems that old TV set used to have... :-).  I tried also to play
  with fbset, using different resolutions, but the results I then
  obtain in X seem to be independent of the console mode.

* If I don't use the option "UseFBDev" everything is fine; however,
  several programs (ehm, actually games... for example chromium) do
  not work any more.

In the worst case scenario I can live without UseFBdev; however, I am
surprised that things were working so well on an old pre-release and
are not working any more now.

Regards,

Marco Lombardi