Re: TrueTypes suddenly aren't displayed but still shown in xlsfonts

Tom Joseph <tom@wuarchive.wustl.edu> writes:

> I had a similar problem.  It turned out that not all of my FontPath
> statements in XF86Config were valid.  I don't know why one of them
> suddenly became invalid, but deleting the offending line fixed things
> for me.
>
> --Tom Joseph

Blame the latest release of msttcorefonts.  The defoma-ization of it
broke various things.

I got most of the functionality back by
removing references in my XF86Config to /usr/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType
and replacing it with a reference to
/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType

However, the names of the fonts are still messed up; see the bugs for
msttcorefonts.