getting RENDER to work

Hi,

According to the docs the RENDER extension in X should just be there
with no configuration.

I'm using 4.2.0-0pre1v2 on Debian as my laptop uses an I830M video
chipset.  I have succeeded in activating DRI from the source, but thats
another story.

My problem is that although my XFree.0.log says that it is Initializing
the RENDER extension, when I do a xdpyinfo it just isn't there and is
not available.

My driver in XF86Config-4 is i810 and I'm using agpart and i830 kernel
modu=
les.

Why Am I still on pre1v2, well i'm tracking testing and I think in order
to update I need a newer libc6 which I hear is quite broken so I'll
patiently wait as you do not want to mess with libc.

Anyone shed any light on RENDER, please copy my address as I'm not
subscribed...

Regards,
--
Alwyn Schoeman
SMART Money Inc.

"The clock on the wall keeps moving, time stands still...
 No matter how the dice may fall, someone else always gets to call the number..."