Re: a small C program to test xdm's /dev/mem reading on your architecture

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 08:20, Branden Robinson wrote:

> I need people with root on machines of your given architecture to
> compile and run the attached C program.  It consists of code borrowed
> from xdm's genauth.c program.

Branden,

In the hope that this report is useful to you, I compiled your program
readmem.c on my Alpha Personal WorkStation 433, and ran it as root.

No problems or crashes. It ended with:

read #1024 of 16384 bytes
done with read of /dev/mem (returned 1).
sumFile() succeeded.

So, I guess this machine is lucky :-)

For completeness' sake:
Alpha PWS 433
576 MB memory + 2 MB L3-cache
Voodoo3 3000 PCI, Symbios Logic 53c875, SB Live
running Debian Sid (unstable).

Ciao,

Dannis.