Would someone care to explain low-level bus access to Karl? -- G. Branden Robinson | When I die I want to go peacefully Debian GNU/Linux | in my sleep like my ol' Grand email@example.com | Dad...not screaming in terror like http://people.debian.org/~branden/ | his passengers.
--- Begin Message ---
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Why must X run as root?
- From: email@example.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
- Date: 11 Aug 2002 03:10:26 -0700
- Message-id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>Is there any reason why X cannot chuid and fully drop permissions after it opens any sockets it needs or whatever? Why must it run as root? <naive> What are the chances of something malicious attempting to overfill an X property or something in order to try and cause an overflow... ? </naive> -- As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger, the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts. .''`. Debian -- The blue collar Linux distribution. : :' : <URL:http://www.debian.org/social_contract> `. `'
--- End Message ---
Description: PGP signature