[karlheg@hegbloom.net: Why must X run as root?]

Would someone care to explain low-level bus access to Karl?

G. Branden Robinson                |     When I die I want to go peacefully
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     in my sleep like my ol' Grand
branden@debian.org                 |     Dad...not screaming in terror like
http://people.debian.org/~branden/ |     his passengers.
--- Begin Message ---
Is there any reason why X cannot chuid and fully drop permissions
after it opens any sockets it needs or whatever?  Why must it run as

 What are the chances of something malicious attempting to overfill an
 X property or something in order to try and cause an overflow... ?

As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.
 Debian -- The blue collar Linux distribution.               : :' :
 <URL:http://www.debian.org/social_contract>		     `. `'