Re: Want to help fix xdm on MIPS

On Sat, Aug 10, 2002 at 12:41:48PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:
> Hi Martin,
> thanks for the backtrace.
> [..snip..]
> > Process XXXXX (pid: -2011230548, stackpage=8a4c4000)
> This looks very weird...next thing to do would be to spot the place in
> xdm where it crashes the kernel(I already know it's before it forks the
> X server) shall we take this off list, it's only marginally XFree86
> related?

If it's the same kernel bug I've seen on ia64 and heard about on ARM,
xdm is in a select().

Please do discuss this on this list.  xdm doesn't even work for remote X
servers at present (or, at least, the last time I looked at this).

See
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=107311&repeatmerged=yes

--
G. Branden Robinson                |    Build a fire for a man, and he'll
Debian GNU/Linux                   |    be warm for a day.  Set a man on