Graphics error since upgrade to Xfree 4.2

since I've installed Xfree4.2 packages on my machine, I'm seeing a
strange graphics error with all Mozilla buttons: There are some pixels
missing on each of the four corners (see screenshot on

When I drag another window over the buttons then they're repainted

Who's to blame for that? X? Mozilla? My stupid hardware? (ATI Radeon
32SDR AGP (tried different resolutions and color depths) )

Before I moved my workstation to Xfree 4.2, I installed it on a notebook
with integrated intel i830 graphics - works just fine.

Thank you!