Re: DRI on XFree86 4.x with ATI Rage Mobility

On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:

>Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 16:44:10 -0500
>From: Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org>
>To: debian-x@lists.debian.org
>Subject: Re: DRI on XFree86 4.x with ATI Rage Mobility
>
>On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 08:34:16AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
>> That's not corrrect, ATI calls all their mobile chips 'Rage Mobility',
>> M3 through M5 have a Rage128 core.
>
>Eh?  Apple, at any rate, has started calling the newest ATI mobile chips
>"Radeon Mobility".

Here are some clarifications on the ATI mobile chips that might
help out:

M1 == Rage Mobility (Mach64)
M2 == Rage Mobility (Mach64)
M3 == Rage 128 Mobility (Rage 128)
M4 == Rage 128 Mobility (Rage 128)
M5 == Rage 128 Mobility (Rage 128)   (This is either very rare,
                                      or not released outside of
                                      ATI for all I know.  Never
                                      seen/heard of one owned by
                                      anyone.)
M6 == Radeon Mobility (Radeon)
M7 == Radeon Mobility (Radeon)

Also, there is the ATI Radeon Mobility FireGL 7800.  This is a M7
variant.

The chips Apple are using are the M6/M7.

--
Mike A. Harris                  Shipping/mailing address:
OS Systems Engineer             190 Pittsburgh Ave., Sault Ste. Marie,