Re: DRI on XFree86 4.x with ATI Rage Mobility

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 05:18, ISHIKAWA Mutsumi wrote:

> >> Hello,
>
> >> I have a Dell Inspiron 8000 with an ATI Rage Mobility M4 AGP video card.
>
> >> I just installed the dri.sf.net modules (and also their X server after many
> >> unfortunater try with debian one).
> >>
> >> I use a 2.4.18 kernel with agp and r128 support.
> >>
> >> agpgart and r128 modules are loaded.
>
>  ATI Rage Mobility is not r128 (Rage128) variant.
>  It is mach64 (Mac64, Rage) variant.
>  So, we can not use r128 dri modules for Rage Mobility.

That's not corrrect, ATI calls all their mobile chips 'Rage Mobility',
M3 through M5 have a Rage128 core.

The problem is probably too old a DRM kernel module, the binary
snapshots from dri.sf.net should build and install a new one or try

deb	http://penguinppc.org/~daenzer/debian/dri-trunk/	./