Re: Fresh install of 4.2.0-0pre1v1_i386 fails

I'm running the kernel and glx drivers right now. The kernel driver seems to run wuite well. It's apps that get heavy into GL that seem to cause problems. As I said in a previous message Q3a runs quite well but Unreal Tournament crashes after a variable number of minutes and hangs the mouse because it grabs it with DGA when it starts. Return to Castele Wolfenstein crashes after a variable number of minutes and takes the whole X system with it, and I haven't had a chance to see if I can kill X from remote or if it's actually the whole machine that's hung.

It's a home box, not mission critical, so I'll keep playing with it to see what I can find.

--
gvl2 (Gerald)
AirBall the Rolling Basket Case (1969 Standard Beetle)